If you are planning to switch from an Android smartphone to an iOS device, things work a little differently. To ensure a smooth move, proceed as follows:
Prepare your iOS device
Charge your iOS device and make sure it has enough battery life to complete the move. Make sure you have an active internet connection and enough storage space on the device to accommodate the transferred data.
Use the Transfer to iOS app
Apple offers a special app called “Transfer to iOS” which allows you to easily transfer your data from Android device to iOS device. Make sure both your Android and iOS devices are connected to the same WiFi network.
- On your iOS device, go to the “Apps & Data” screen and select “Move to iOS”.
- On your Android device, open the Google Play Store and search for the “Transfer to iOS” app.
- Once installed, launch the app on your Android device and enter the code shown in the app.
- Select the data you want to transfer such as contacts, messages, photos, videos, bookmarks and calendar events.
- Wait for the transfer process to complete. Depending on the amount of data, this may take some time.
Configure your iOS device
Once the data transfer is complete, you can set up your iOS device. Follow the onscreen instructions to set your language, region, Apple ID, and other preferences. If you want your apps transferred from Android, you will be prompted to download them from the App Store.
Check your transferred data
After setting up your iOS device, check your transferred data to make sure everything was transferred successfully. Check your contacts, messages, photos, videos and other important files to make sure nothing has been lost.
Important: Not all data and settings can be transferred from Android to iOS. Some apps, widgets, wallpapers and specific settings may not be transferred. After all, you are switching to a completely new ecosystem here. In any case, make sure to manually back up important data before moving to ensure nothing is lost.